Friday, October 7, 2011

Action Research

When I first saw that this class was based on action research, the first thought in my head was, "AHHHH!! What have I gotten myself into? I don't have time for research!"
After researching more about action research, I realized that I do this on a weekly, even daily basis. I am a math teacher and I am continuously evaluating my students and changing and/or verifying the strategies I use in the classroom.
Now that I know more about what all action research entails: define an issue to study, review of professional literature, take action, and use and share results, I feel that I can effectively integrate action research into my weekly and/or daily practices. I can do more with what I discover from my informal and formal assessments. Not only do I need to continue my teaching method or reteach to some students in different ways, but I need to remember to research through professional literature to find more proven strategies to teach the skill. When finished with my research and collecting my data, I need to share with other colleagues so they may benefit from my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment